Sunday, May 20, 2012

The End of an Era

When did it happen? When do they grow up?

I realize entirely too often that times goes by way too fast, especially those moments you try to hold on to.

No she's not biologically mine, but I claim her just the same. I didn't give birth to her, but I have helped raise her. She doesn't call me mom, but I am influencing her.

I am talking about my beautiful niece Kelsey. She graduated from the 8th grade today!

I didn't have the privilege of being at her birth, but I was fortunate enough to show up when she was 4 months old. So many of my memories from the past 14 years have her in them. 14 years! Happy or sad, she's been around them all.

I hope that one day, she will be able to say the same about me. That I was involved in so many of her memories - good, bad, boys, friends, happiness, heartache, success, & failure.

I am proud of the young lady she is becoming! And I can't wait to see what the future holds for her!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...