Sunday, April 26, 2015

Love Triangles

Its strange. Here I am, 30+++ (ahem....) years old, happily married for 16, yet I find myself smack dab in the middle of a love triangle.

Oh woe is me.....

For 2 years now,  my oldest son has more or less been in a relationship (take that as loosely as you would like - these are kids here) with the same two girls. Usually this wouldn't be so much of an issue. After all, I went back and forth between the same two guys all throughout my middle school years (although back them, we didn't have "middle school", but anyway 6th-8th grade).

The problem here lies with the fact that these two girls are friends, best friends even!

I have tried to make him realize that maybe its time for someone outside of this tight knit circle, but short of saying "You can't go out with her", I don't see any end in sight here. Oh, trust me, I'm sure that one day I will end up putting my foot down. I'm sure he will bring someone home that I don't like. But that's a fight for another day.

Some of you may be reading this & chuckling to yourself about how insignificant this is. Like I said ^^^ they're just kids.

But when you are "just a kid", you look at things differently than those of us who have been around the block a few times. You still have that fresh wonder, you 're still full of hope, & you still believe that everyone that says "I love you" means it.

I know that he will have many girlfriends down the road. I'm sure that he will break a few hearts. I'm sure that his will get broke as well. I just hope that through it all, he is able to keep that wonder & hope alive, that he doesn't become jaded as easily as so many of us have.

I also hope that these girls make it through middle school love with their hearts & their friendships in tact.

SIGH

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...