Tuesday, May 11, 2021

I Miss the Smiles




 Can it all be over already? When will things ever get back to normal?

I’m not just talking about this stupid pandemic. I’m talking about everything. Life, in general. 

Just when we think things are starting to become normal, something else happens. 

You know what I miss most? 

I miss the kids yelling down the halls when they see me “Hey Mrs Bauguess”. I miss the kids running up to me in public just to say hey! 

I miss their faces lighting up EVERY time they walked in a classroom & realized I was in there. 

I miss seeing those smiles! I miss hearing that laughter!

Maybe I’m just being over emotional, but my heart hurts! 

These kids will never know the impact they have had on my life. They will never know how I worry about them, how I have prayed for them, how I consider them all mine. 

They will never know how I miss them! How I feel lost without them! 

This school year is quickly winding down & I wonder if I will ever see some of them again. Several have passed through my life this year that I have lost sleep over. 

Some of them have changed towards me and it hurts. I miss who they used to be and I miss the connection we used to have. 

Oh how I miss those smiles!





No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...