Saturday, June 25, 2011

Don't get too caught up in everyday life......

I just love how God uses simple, ordinary, everyday events to show me something! I know that I have spoken of this example a couple of times before, but God keeps using it to speak to me............. My lovely Zoey - No, I don't think my dog is of the devil, but if the shoe fits, well.....

My kittens have been doing a pretty good job of avoiding Zoey. I think they realize that their lives depend on it! But when I got home my Bible School last night, one of the kittens wasn't quite fast enough. Zoey was chasing it & when she would catch it, she would toss it in the air or shake it back & forth. As I saw this happening, the thought crossed my mind that, just like Zoey loves to torment the cats, Satan loves to torment us!

Luke 22:31 came to mind "And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat".

I couldn't get this out of my head. Satan is just waiting to jump on us when we least expect it!

A little while later, I checked my email & came across my devotional for the day ..... (I try to read it in the morning, but since the baby, I'm a little behind! LOL) ..... It fit PERFECTLY with the thoughts I was already having. 1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour".
http://www.aophomeschooling.com/blog/daily-focus/unseen-worlds/?utm_source=dailyfocus20110624&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=enews&utm_content=twbauguess@yahoo.com

Isn't it amazing the way God lines events up so that we can understand them better & apply them to our lives! I have let God down recently because I have gotten lazy. There has been so much other stuff going on that I haven't taken the time to spend with Him like I should. God sent me this reminder that if my faith & obedience to Him waivers, then the devil can sneak in before I realize what has happened.

Thank you God for reminding me! Please strengthen my devotion to you so that I may be ever ready when the devil tries to attack my family!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...