Monday, April 13, 2020

Happy 18th Birthday Austin

I can't believe that this day is actually here!

My oldest son, the one who made me a momma, is 18!

It is such a bittersweet day. My emotions have literally been all over the place.

I am so proud of who you are becoming. I love the memories we have made. I'm excited for the paths that are laid out before you. I worry about the decisions you now have to make on your own. I'm sad that your childhood has come to an end.

Today was supposed to be a big day. It's technically Spring Break & we had plans! For years now, you have talked about wanting a tattoo. My response has always been "when you are 18 & pay for it yourself". You've had the perfect one picked out for months, you've been saving your money, & you even convinced me to go with you!

You were going to hang out with friends over the weekend. We were going to throw a big party & celebrate this milestone!

But life throws curveballs & sometimes things don't go how we want them to.

Instead, we ate supper as a family, cried together because you couldn't go see your friends & you blew out candles off of a homemade cake.

Life is certainly different than what we could have ever imagined it would be right now, but you have the whole world ahead of you & I can't wait to see the mountains you are going to conquer next!


No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...