Friday, July 5, 2013

Chinese Chicken with Noodles & Egg Rolls

Yet another hit for supper tonight! Well, the kids didn't care for the noodles, but that's ok. Everything else was delish!

I just haven't been in the mood to cook lately. I haven't been planning my menus & I haven't been very frugal when shopping. Oh, that needs to change!

So, its 5 o'clock & NOTHING is planned for supper. The hubby asks me what I have planned. Um....... yeah. So I go scrounging through the cabinets. The beginning of the month gets a little hairy because I usually haven't went to the store on my monthly shopping trip yet.

Hmmm, chicken? Again?

Sure, why not?

I cooked chicken tenders with Grill Mates Spiced Brandy Marinade. I added Apricot preserves (instead of Peach) to the marinade.

I found a bowl of Sesame Teriyaki Noodles (which was an individual bowl - but I knew the kids wouldn't eat them so no worries), added carrots & mushrooms and popped it in the microwave.

I also threw a few frozen chicken egg rolls into the oven.

And viola! Supper thrown together without much thought but was still yummy enough for Justin to agree to take it for lunch tomorrow.

9 comments:

Katrina said...

Frozen egg rolls??? Can you buy something like that or is it something you made previously

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that looks SO yummy and easy! Thanks!

AmyG said...

This does sound yummy! I agree that menu-planning is a time saver, but it's nice when a good meal comes together even without the planning! Ya done good, girl!

V@ said...

Congrats on making a meal that was successful all round! Creativity is key. Best Regards, Wendy http://wendybottrell.com UBC

V@ said...

Congrats on your creavivity. Best Regards, Wendy http://wendybottrell.com

Unknown said...

Sounds easy enough! May need to try this in the future.

Unknown said...

Sounds simple enough - may need to try this one in the future.

Moms Gone Crazy said...

This looks yummy. I love when good meals come together from the cupboard/freezer!

Stacy said...

That sounds soooo good just about now!

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...