This fed my family of 5, plus had plenty left over for lunch. I may cut the recipe in half next time.
Box of uncooked Jumbo Pasta Shells
1 Tbsp Olive Oil (no, I didn't measure, but some people do)
1 medium Zucchini, shredded (I freeze mine in the summer time to add to recipes later)
1 can of Mushrooms or 1/2 cup of fresh, chopped Mushrooms
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
2 cups reduced fat Ricotta Cheese
2 cups shredded Italian Blend Cheese (includes Provolone, Asagio, Romano, Parmesan, & Mozzarella)
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (I like Tastefully Simple Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix)
1/2 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook shells to al dente. Drain & cool.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add vegetables. Cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Combine cheese, egg, seasons, & veggies in a medium bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in bottom of a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill slightly cooled shells with cheese mixture. Place randomly in baking dish.
- Top with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.