Wednesday, June 5, 2019

You Say

Why is it harder to listen to what you know is the truth than to worry about a whispered lie?

On the outside, I have always been a self confident, independent person, but oh if you could see the insecurities that lay just under the surface.

The devil has really been working overtime on my mind lately. I question decisions, conversations, people. I doubt my worth as a wife & mother. I worry that my children aren't loved & appreciated the way I know they should be. I wonder where certain friends disappear to when I need someone to talk to.

I know that I am a princess because my father is the king. I know that the devil is a liar & the author of confusion. I know the promises God has made me. I know that the devil wants to rob me of my joy because he certainly can't have my soul.

But oh how hard it is to remember these truths sometimes.

I'm thankful that my pastor somehow knew my heart tonight & spoke right to me.


Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and 
are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Lord, I'm trying so hard to remember what you say & not listen to those lies & insecurities. And in the meantime, while I'm trying to remember who I am, please forgive me if I seem a little extra edgy or insecure.





No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...