Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Little One Sided

If you know me, you KNOW that I am NOT the least bit racist. If you don't know me, I hope this doesn't make you think I am.....

When I got the Winston Salem Journal this morning, I was very intrigued by an article on the front page. I hardly ever even read the paper, I only get it for the coupons!

"City to Recognize Black Panthers" .... What? Wait, did I read that right? .... Yep I sure did! Right there on the FRONT PAGE!

Winston Salem is dedicating a marker to a group of people who are notoriously known as being racist & violent just because they have helped out a few people.

Really??? I'm sure Jeffrey Daumier did a few good things in his life too, but do we celebrate him?

The Ku Klux Klan also claims to "help" people. Could you even imagine the uproar if a newspaper put the KKK on the front page to honor them?

I don't agree with either group! Hate is wrong no matter what side you are on. Yes, both groups are part of our history. Yes, many lives have been changed (whether for better or worse) by both groups, but no hate group deserves to be celebrated!

Ok, I'm done now. I still love you all. I just don't understand our country!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...