Friday, November 16, 2012

I Like my Dust Bunnies

Emotions run strong in the Bauguess household. We love passionately. We fight fiercely. We laugh uncontrollably. We stand up for what we believe in. We rarely back down.

We give it our all or we don't bother doing it.

The characteristics are already starting to show in our children. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Hmmm~ bad now, good later most likely.

Anyway, after a particularly emotional day on all ends, Justin & I discussed the pressure & expectations of our new normal. It's good to share your hopes, your dreams, your fears, & your burdens with those you love.

I admitted, very reluctantly I might add, that every "pastor's house" that we had ever been too was always spotless. HOW can I keep up with that??? That's just one more plate that I have to keep spinning with the hopes that none go crashing to the ground.

He hugged me & laughed. Then he said, "when have we ever been normal?"

Haha I'm so glad he gets me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of pressure on Christian women to have spotless, beautiful houses, to the point that it is made a sort of measuring stick of how "good" we are at being a woman, or as if it reflects on our spiritual life.

I think sometimes we lose sight of the fact that all of these things can still distract us from the real things God wants us to do, and the real things He values.

And yes, I say this as an indifferent housekeeper. But I really think women don't stop and think that sometimes, there are better ways to spend their time and mental energy than creating a "perfect" home.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...