Wednesday, November 7, 2012

20 More Years

Just like most of America, I watched the election results last night with a prayer on my lips & a burden on my heart. I can honestly say that I am glad it is over. I am tired of the lies from all parties. I am tired of the promises that have no intention of being kept. I am tired of the hate. I am tired of the unnecessary spending. I am tired of the phone calls.

Today, post election, reality sets in. Its not about me or you. Its not about red or blue. Its not about your candidate or mine. Its not about victory of defeat. Its about America. Its about our future. Its about our children. Its about remembering what this country was founded on.

Yes, we all have the freedom to pick, choose, live, & worship how we wish. But our founding fathers were not running FROM religion or God, they were running TO Him. They knew that they would never be free to live for Him if they stayed where they were. They had enough fear, enough courage, & enough respect to fight for God & everything they held dear to their hearts.

What has happened in 200 years? People say that we have gotten wiser, that we are better off now than we were then. I'll agree that we have made many advancements & we have come a long way, but we most certainly are not wiser! Oh, people may be smarter, but having knowledge doesn't mean you know what to do with it!

2 Chronicles 1:8 "And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast shewed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead.
9 Now, O Lord God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like."

We are living in a generation that has forsaken & forgotten God. Gone are the days when even the town drunk went to church on Sundays. Gone are the days when you turned your radio down when passing a church. Gone are the days of "Yes Ma'am" & "No Sir". Gone are the days when the house of God was sacred & Christians stood, that's right, STOOD, for what they believed in. We are a few short years away from little country churches shutting their doors for good.

We have too many parents without a backbone. They want to be their child's friend. They want them to have all the latest fashions (even if it means their daughters look like prostitutes), all the newest gadgets (even if it means that no one talks anymore, they only text), & more opportunities & commitments than there are hours in the day for (even if it means they never see each other). They want to allow them the freedom to worship, or not, how they choose.

I'm sorry, this may sound cliche, but as long as my kids live in my house, they WILL respect me, they WILL do what I say, or there WILL be consequences!

WAKE UP AMERICA! Get back on your knees. Pray for your family, your church, your country, your leaders, & most importantly, the lost!

We are only a generation away from Christianity becoming so scarce it can only be found in the history books. We have continually turned our backs on God. His wrath won't hold out forever.

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

I've heard it more than one time recently. America's hope is not in a donkey or an elephant. America's hope lies in the LAMB!








No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...