Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing - Back to the Grindstone

Well, after taking a MUCH needed break over Christmas, we started school back last week. We had actually taken almost a full month off from any "structured" learning. Of course, there were those days complete with reading Christmas stories, cooking, shopping, wrapping, visiting friends & family, teaching life lessons, & just living. But we also had a few days of doing absolutely nothing! That's neccessary every now and then.

It was a little difficult to get back in the swing of things. I think it was harder on me than it was the kids, but we had a successful week without a whole lot of drama, so that's always a good thing.

As I tried to plan that first week & even this week as well, I felt a renewed sense of purpose & determination. I was reminded again why we decided to homeschool our kids & I am so thankful that God has provided for us in order to achieve this dream & His will.

When we first made the desicion to bring Austin home for school, homeschool veterans told me that it would probably be January (at least) before I felt confident & comfortable in our teaching. Although this week has been a little rough, I feel the best about my kids education that I have felt so far.

Continue to pray for us as we all learn something new everyday!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...