Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year Reflections




OK so I have never been one for New Year's Resolutions. They are usually just some kind of boring, standard desire to better your life that will be long forgotten within just a matter of months. What I have decided to do this year instead is to make a few Reflections upon the new year.

We all have more than our fair share of heartache, pain, & disappointment. That's life! I was always told & I find myself already telling my kids "That life's not fair". Well, in the grand scheme of things, who decides whats fair & what isn't, other than God? It's time that we all realize that His plan is the ultimate in fairness. He decides who gets to have a great day & who has to suffer tragedy & we all take our turn on this merry go round.

This year, I vow to spend more time with my children instead of worrying so much about the little things (& even the big things) that need to be done. I don't take nearly enough time out of my day just to appreciate them, to love on them, or to tell them how proud I am of them. I want to be able to drop what I am doing when one of them says "Mommy, will you play with me?" Because, unfortunately the day will come all too soon that they will not want me or need me around as much.

I will be a stronger support to my husband through loving & encouraging words, but most importantly through prayer. God put us together for a reason & we really do complete each other. When I am weak, He is strong. And in those times where he is lacking, I pick up his load as well as my own.

I want to be more domestically minded. I have already filled out the menu for the next month, so now I hope that I can stick to it. I want to take better care of our house and our garden when the time comes around. I want to be even thriftier (is that a word?) than I am  & try to save costs as much as possible.

I want to spend more time with friends. Friendship is something that you take for granted when you are younger. You think those people will always be there for you. Well, I've got news for you, life happens & things get hectic & sometimes its easier just to let things fall apart. Some bridges are OK being burnt & some bridges are worth the effort it takes to mend them.

I desire to have a closer relationship with God. I fail Him so much every single day & He has never let me down. I want to be a soul winner & an encouragement to others. That's the only thing in this life that really truly matters anyway.

I will turn loose of hard feelings before they have time to affect who I am. I won't dwell on the people who do not support me or who run me down. Its just not worth it. Life is too short for the added drama.

I'm sure that there are so many other things that I want (um, need) to work on this year. Its funny. God created the whole universe in 6 days & yet He's still not done with me. I am a work in progress. That's OK, because the closer I get to being the person I need to be, the closer I get to HOME!

I hope that you all have a Happy, Healthy, & Adventurous New Year!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...