Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing ~ What was I Thinking?!?

OK, we all know how insane I am - but seriously ....... my lack of planning has really showed up here lately!

Everyone warned me that it would take until about January or February before I would "get comfortable" with homeschool. That was about right. We had a decent schedule, had gotten rid of some things that were not working & tweaked some things to make them work better. I think we were all pretty content.

Well, you know me....... (da da da dum) SUPER MOM

I decided to try a new curriculum this year. No big deal, but Konos is completely different from what we were doing. I feel really good about it & the kids seem excited, so thats a plus!

As if starting something new isn't scary enough, not only am I teaching Austin (4th grade), but I'm also officially teaching Makenzie kindergarten this year as well! YIKES! I just dabbled with her last year because she was in PreK part of the time.

Justin & I are also leading the local Contenders of the Faith group for the first time as well. There are a lot of young gentlemen that will be looking to us for guidance! Justin helped quit a bit last year, but this year, its all us! AAHHHH!

Then, there's our "usual" responsibilities - summer movies, library reading programs, church, youth activities, various sporting events, boy scouts, etc. Have you seen my planner ..... LOL

And last but certainly not least - I have this adorable new little boy that demands all of my attention!

Oh well, who ever said my life was boring or predictable? What fun would that be?!

1 comment:

Angela Brown said...

Just keep your eyes on the Lord don't ever take them off and thru God's guidance you will get it taken care of. Love ya keep hanging in there for the prize is soon.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...