Sunday, July 24, 2011

What Does Your Ceiling Look Like?

I've been missing the "big picture" here lately. I have been so completely consumed with trying just to make it through each day since Logan has been born, that I literally have missed a lot of the summer. We are just as busy as ever, but I haven't had the time (or the frame of mind) to enjoy it.

It seems that somewhere along the lines, I may have "spoiled" my baby - yeah, as if that's possible!!! LOL Either that, or I have a very dependent child on my hands. I'm not sure which. But unfortunately, my 3rd child has been my neediest - by far. So blame it on the fact that I am home with this one (& haven't been with the others) or blame it on the fact that he has 2 adoring siblings that love to hold him as well. Either way, he doesn't like to be put down.

Now that's all fine & dandy to the outsider, & I do LOVE my snuggle time, but it has huge disadvantages as well.  Like.... my house, my laundry, my garden & my canning (which is non existent this year!).

So, what does this have to do with my ceiling? Nope, I'm not one of those freaks that cleans the ceiling! But it seems that my ceiling has gotten cluttered. How, you ask, well.......

In the midst of this beautiful but slightly stressful time, I find myself revolving around Logan's schedule - of course. The up side, its ok, we are flexible. The down side, I find myself neglecting to eat breakfast because there usually isn't time, a lot of times I eat lunch standing in the kitchen, & I have literally cooked supper less than a handful of times. This has also led to my failing to earnestly pray about anything - if I close my eyes, I fall a sleep. And reading my Bible has become a thing of the past.

Well, I realized something the other day. My prayers weren't getting any farther than my ceiling. I have just been going through the motions & feeling worse about it everyday.

When I made time that day to open my Bible, Jeremiah 29:13 almost jumped off the page for me.


"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Thank you Lord for once again redirecting me when I get sidetracked.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...