Friday, November 1, 2013

Is the Ball Broken Yet?

In a frantic realization today, I realized that today is November 1st. That means that Halloween is over.

Not a big deal you say. Humph, maybe not to you but it is to me. The WHOLE month of October is over. One of my favorite holidays is over.

Still not a big deal? Sure, but I realized this morning that I didn't get ONE. SINGLE. PICTURE. of my kiddos in FULL costume!! Yes, I snapped a couple with Makenzie fully done up, Logan partially dressed, & Austin without his gear entirely! And the only reason I got those was because we went to see my grandpa in the hospital and I wanted a picture of him with the kids. I guess we will have to get dressed up again just for a photo op, especially since Austin informed me this was probably his last year trick or treating in costume. *sigh*

I also realized yesterday that the WHOLE month has passed and we haven't watched NOT. ONE. SINGLE. HORROR MOVIE. Not a Freddy, not a Jason, not a Michael. The kids haven't watched anything remotely scary, spooky, or suspenseful. We haven't even watched Halloweentown this year!!! And we ALWAYS watch that!

Ok, so NOW do you see my dilemma? No? Hold on .....

Haunted houses have been a part of my life since I was 12 (maybe younger than that). I still love going! We started taking Austin 2 years ago. Yep, you guessed it. We didn't make it to one of them this year either!

Next on my list of failures for this Halloween season .....

Guess what is STILL sitting on my front porch? Pumpkins, not jack-o-lanterns. PUMPKINS!! We haven't had TIME to carve them!! Hmmm, maybe I can start a trend of Thanksgiving themed jack-o-lanterns!

Oh, and that's not all (but these goofs have nothing to do with Halloween).

On my daughter's 3rd day of public school, I had to dig a pair of jeans out of the dirty clothes for her to wear because there weren't any clean. Hey, I wore my jeans at least a dozen times in college before washing them! One wearing doesn't even get them good & comfy yet.

We have officially ate out more than we have ate at home for the past two months! BLAH! I'm so sick of hamburgers!

I completely FORGOT about Austin's teacher conference the other day! I was waiting for a "confirmation" on a time. Well, I guess in middle school, that no longer applies!

I looked at Justin this morning as I laughed and wondered out loud just how many more times can I drop the ball before it breaks into a million pieces.

But it didn't end there!

Austin missed out on free time at school today because I "forgot" to sign some paper that he swears he told me about. Ummm, I really think the ball was in his court this time! I don't remember any paper.

And just a few minutes ago, Austin called me to figure out just where I was. "Uh, on my way to get you." He informed me I was late. WHAT??? But I thought the dance was over at 9:30. Then I obviously tried to pick him up at the wrong door. I guess it didn't make enough sense to pick him up in the same place I dropped him off at, huh.

Oh well, such is life.

I'll get it together one day, just don't hold your breath waiting for it.


No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...