Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing - Failure

I am writing today in the middle of the school day. If you read this, its because you have come across it while reading another part of my blog. I am choosing not to "publicize" this one just because I don't want to create bad images of homeschooling. I'm sorry if I discourage anyone, but everything has an ugly side & I'm stuck in it & can't get out.

The past few weeks have been horrible. I feel like the biggest failure. So many things that I thought I was teaching correctly & that my son has been "getting", it turns out that now all of a sudden, he doesn't understand anymore! This mostly sweet (but stubborn) very bright child has turned into my biggest nightmare. He won't listen to anything I say. He won't even try to answer a question or work out a problem unless I am sitting right on top of him. I feel like I spend more time screaming than teaching or even loving on him.

I don't understand how I can get him to learn anything when I can't even get him to listen. How can God have enough faith in me to do anything with these kids? What in the world am I doing wrong? Surely everyone else doesn't have this hard of a time.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...