Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another Year, Another Fight

I just want to thank God for deliverence & for His plan in all of our lives!

When we were little kids, our parents were always telling us "Not to fight". Afterall, good  little boys & girls didn't fight. We weren't supposed to fight with our siblings, our friends, our parents, or our teachers. BUT, there comes a time in everyone's life when the time comes that we must fight.

We encounter battles everyday. We just need to pick & choose which ones are worth fighting for.



I've always believed that I was a fighter. Not a brawler, per say, because I have never been in an actual physical fight, but when the road gets tough, usually, I've never been afraid to stand against the crowd for whats important to me.

In the past, I've had to stand up for friends & stand against friends. I've had to take a stand against my loved ones when their ideas didn't agree with mine. I've stood up for my church to fight & I've walked away when the time was necessary.

Two years ago, I was involved in a different fight. I was having to fight for my life after losing the baby that I didn't even know I was carrying.

Last year at this time, I'm ashamed to admit that I was losing my family & I wasn't doing a very good job of fighting for them.

This year, it looks like I am, yet again, fighting. I am fighting to teach my children not only their education, but also strong morales & values. I am fighting to keep my family together. I am fighting for everything that I believe in! Life is too short for us not to fight!

I can't believe the difference just a little bit of time can make. Don't ever quit fighting!

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Thanks for the encouragement to keep fighting.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...