Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing - RELAX!


I've realized something very important this week......I need to RELAX! Yeah, that's right, I'm just like so many other people who expect too much, who try to do too much, & who worry too much. I have been so stressed out this week (the hormones do not help!) & that has reflected onto my kids who, in turn have acted accordingly. That has made me worry if I was making the right choices for their futures.

I know that I am making the right overall decision, even though sometimes the details get mixed up. God tells us in Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

God has provided us the opportunity to homeschool. I am very thankful for this opportunity, but sometimes I need to be reminded. I need to take another look at the "How?" & the "Why?" so I don't forget the blessing & responsibility He has given us.

I "tweaked" the daily schedule today & I cannot explain just how great the day went! I know this was only one day, but it was that one day that I needed for that reassurance. THANK YOU LORD for that small victory!

I am willing to continue to change whatever doesn't work or fit our family. One of the things I know that needs changing is me. I have put way too many expectations upon myself & therefore upon my children. I am trying to "do school at home". If I will remember correctly, "school" wasn't exactly working before which is one of the reasons we brought Austin home. So, why am I surprised that its not working at home either? It will take me a long time to get the homeschool thing down right, but the willingness to learn & adapt is progress.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...