Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hey...Somebody Noticed!

Sometimes I feel like I am talking to a wall. I'm sure we have all been there. As a parent, it feels like I have to k e e p r e p e a t i n g myself in order to get my kids to pay attention & then, most of the time it feels like they still arn't listening. It gets a little overwhelming because it makes you wonder, "hey, is it really worth all of this effort?". I mean there are soooo many parents ou there that don't go through all the headache & hassle & it makes me feel like I'm the only one correcting my children (I know different, but I still feel this way at times).

I know that my kids feel I'm too strict on them at times, especially at church. After all, this is God's house & we do not play in God's house. So, after numerous times of telling my kids to be quite during service, and seperating them from a friend, then making sure they were not outside playing in the parking lot in the dark after service, & telling Makenzie to quit running inside, of course I was feeling slightly frazzled...again. As we were leaving, a lady looked at me & said "Thank you". I just looked at her & said "um....what for?". Come to find out, she was actually complementing me on making my kids mind during church. I told her, "well, I try, but it doesn't always work". She was assuring me that it showed & one day it would pay off.

I was just amazed. I couldn't help but thank God, that yet again, He sent me a little encouragement just when I needed it! No, I wasn't anywhere near the pit of dispair that I have slipped into so many times before, but it was so nice to remember that my efforts are not in vain! Somebody noticed. This is just another reminder that people are watching our lives - the good & the bad, so why not give them something good to talk about!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...