Saturday, March 19, 2011

Parents - WAKE UP!

Some people AMAZE me....baffle me to the point where I'm not sure what to say or what to do....Yeah, loss of words doesn't happen often with me, but I'm trying to bite my tongue so I don't say something I will regret, but the tip of my tongue can only handle so much pressure.

I know that  this world is fully of crazy people with mixed up priorities but PLEASE explain to me how you can walk out on your children. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER! We all have our days where we need a break because the kids are driving us crazy or we are craving uninterrupted adult time, but to never want to be part of your children's lives...... I just can't comprehend it!

God has allowed our lives to be richer, fuller, & happier when He blesses us with children. I realize that some people never want children & I'm not talking about that group of people. I am referring to those who make a conscious decision to have children & then decide one day that they no longer want them.

We have heard for years about "dead beat fathers" who walk out on their families & that is still a shame, but as a mother - I get sick to my stomach at the new trend for women to walk out on their families easier than they would a dead end job.

Hopefully, most of these children do have other people in their lives that will step up to the plate & show them that it's not their fault.

Thankfully, most of these children do grow up to be "normal, well rounded" adults. But what about now, when they are still young? Has anyone ever stopped to pay attention to just how mixed up these kids can be?

NO CHILD SHOULD EVER HAVE TO WONDER IF THEIR PARENTS REALLY LOVE THEM!!!

NO CHILD SHOULD EVER HAVE TO WONDER WHAT THEY DID WRONG TO MAKE MOM OR DAD LEAVE!

Parents - GROW UP!!!!! Take responsibility for your actions! I don't really care if you can't get along with your husband or wife! What does that have to do with walking out on your children? It doesn't matter if they are 1 year old or 21 years old - they still NEED you!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...