Thursday, June 9, 2011

Is Your Faith Getting a Little Weak?

I have had this post on my mind for a while, but haven't taken the time to express it. I'm sorry for that!

Once again, God has used the simplest things to show me something important. I have our cat Faith before as an example & as I was watching her the other day, God gave me another lesson.

A few months after Faith came back home, she had 6 kittens. They were the cutest little furballs & my kids loved watching them. Well, unfortunately, nature happened & after about 2 weeks, our 2 month old puppy Zoey thought they would make great play toys. 4 of them died. We were all heartbroken, but the kids learned that nature isn't always what we want it to be.

After that, we have tried our best to protect the other 2 kittens & keep them away from Zoey. Well, so far so good - they are 6 weeks old. But they are getting VERY curious & will not stay in the barn where they are safe, so I'm not sure how much longer this will last. I don't think that Zoey means to hurt them, but they are so little & her teeth are so sharp.

Now, as for Zoey & Faith - that's a different story all together. Zoey DOES NOT care much for Faith & let's her know it on a regular basis. I've watched this go on for several weeks & I try to intervene as much as possible, but I can't stop a dog from not liking a cat anymore than I can make it rain.

Problem is, Faith doesn't fight back much. Zoey will pounce on her, chew on her, wrestle her, etc & Faith doesn't do much of anything to try & stop it. In the past couple of days, I've noticed that Faith seems to have given up. She doesn't pay much attention to her kittens right now. She is losing fur & has several scratches & scabs on her neck from Zoey.

There's not much I can do to help, if she is not willing to help herself.

This reminds me of us Christians so often. We all have times where we get down in the dumps. It seems that everything goes wrong & everyone is out to get us. Our Faith gets weak & we just seem to give up.

It doesn't matter how much help or encouragement we get from others around us, nothing about our situation will change until we are willing to allow it to change.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...