Thursday, June 9, 2011

And Baby Makes Me ....... Anxious!

I feel so blessed to be expecting our 3rd baby. I know that a baby is a miracle from God & without Him, it would never happen. Conception, pregnancy & labor with Austin & Makenzie were realitively easy & I feel very fortunate for that. Then I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured & was told that it would be very hard for me to have any more kids. That's ok, I didn't want anymore .... at that time. Then, we decided that we did want another baby. I was prepared for it to take a while........ WRONG! I never thought that I would be pregnant the very next month!

Since then, it has definantly been a wild ride.

I am a pretty easy going person & I don't tend to complain too much, so this pregnancy has not been one of my most shining moments. I have had one issue after another & I haven't felt good in several weeks. I am really trying to look on the bright side, because there are so many other people with problems a lot more serious than mine. But its getting really difficult.

I am so ready for my darling baby boy to make his appearrance! In the last couple of weeks my blood pressure has started steadily climbing & my feet have started swelling, so that has made me feel even worse than usual.

At my 35 week appointment, last Wednesday, I found out that my Dr. was going on vacation for the next 10 days. I was instructed to "stay very still" until he got back in town. Um, I don't know how to stay still! My lifestyle doesn't allow it! Well, that lasted until Sunday, when my contractions were about 5 minutes apart ..... false alarm, but I was dialated to a 2.

I went back yesterday for my 36 week appointment. My blood pressure was still climbing, there was protein in my urine, & there is a possibility of preeclampsia. This happened with both of the others so I shouldn't be surprised, but after everything else, I was really hoping for a break!

I had to do a 24 hour urine test (which is not much fun) & go back today for blood work (I'll find out about that tomorrow). I am still at a 2 so no progression there. Yet again, I have been instructed to "just lay around" because my blood pressure was the worst today that its been - 150/92.

I really need for my Dr to get back in town!

We'll see what the weekend holds.......

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...