Monday, May 20, 2013

How is Your Vision?

I admit that from time to time, my vision becomes blurry.



Anyone who wears glasses must take care of them in order for them to work properly. If you don't, things will start to appear distorted, fuzzy, or spotted.

I don't have a problem with my eyesight. I have a problem with my vision. There is a difference. Just like a pair of glasses after they have been left on the bathroom sink for any length of time must have the hairspray residue, water spots, dirt, & grime cleaned off of them, I need to have my vision cleaned as well. I don't mean to neglect it, but as time goes on, my vision just becomes more & more out of perspective.

Every night of our revival last week touched on the vision. The church needs a vision, the Christian needs a vision, the family needs a vision. All of these are important. Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish:..."

While I am very concerned with where our church is going, I need to concentrate on my Christian walk, my family, & my homeschool right now so I am available to be the pastor's wife that God wants me to be. My vision seems to have become blinded lately. I have forgotten who I am, where I am going, & why I have chosen this path.

Its easy to get caught up in the day to day insanity & lose focus on what's truly important. Our vision falls to the wayside. We forget our purpose. 

We I need to reevaluate.

We I need to remember.

We I need to refocus my vision.

I needed this reminder.

When was the last time you planted something & expected immediate results? No. The harvest will come & when it does, it will be worth it!

Remember, weary one, we are in this for the long haul. We are perfecting Kingdom work!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! My vision gets blurry all to often. Thank you for this great reminder.

Rebecca said...

YES! Ever striving for the perfection we are called to live. Beautiful post!

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...