Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing ~ Miles, Tag, & Vietnam


We have had revival at church this week. I love revival, but it tends to wear you out. We probably should have called off school this week, but getting a little bit accomplished was better than none.


We logged well over 1,000 miles this week!! So, its no wonder we only accomplished a little bit.

Saturday, we went to the Wilkes Heritage Museum, saw the Huey Helicopter, & toured the museum. I have never been inside the museum before so this was a real treat. We are even famous: here, oh & we were in the paper!  That's my, um, best side to the camera. I'm even advertising for our church!


We finished studying Vietnam this week so that helicopter was perfect timing!

An interesting tidbit - Pizza Hut, Domino's, & Little Ceasar's all opened for business within 3 years of each other. Wal-mart & K-Mart also opened the same year. We added these, plus the frisbee, flip flops, tab top aluminum cans, Barbie dolls, G.I. Joes, & instant cameras to our invention books.

Our Explorers club went to Bo's Thursday. This was another first for my family, we were not disappointed. 3.5 hours of kids running wild with unlimited fun - bowling, putt putt, arcade, & laser tag. If you are local & have never been, this is a trip that is well worth it!

I took advantage of another curriculum sale on Friday. I found well over $200 worth of books for around $40. I just LOVE looking for good deals!

I almost forgot.....we found a bird's nest this week. It was in Justin's dirt bike helmet! I guess it has been a while since the last time he rode!

I had the privilege of speaking to two different women this week who blessed me more than words can say. One is a new friend, whom just by speaking with her, reminded me just how blessed I truly am. The other is a long time friend who encourages everyone she encounters without even realizing it.

I've had one of those weeks where I've felt like I was failing at every thing that I attempted to do, so these talks came right on time.

Then I heard Amy Grant's new song "Don't Try So Hard" & felt like it was made just for me!


It's important to remember that I don't have all the answers, I don't have all the solutions, & I don't have to do it all, all the time. Sometimes, school will get done with no interruptions. Sometimes, my house will be spotless. Sometimes, my laundry will be clean, dried, & put away. Sometimes, my business will be thriving. Sometimes, the world will stop turning just so I can enjoy my kids. Sometimes, my relationship with my Savior will thrive. Most days, only 1 or 2 of these will occur at the same time. Some days, none of them will work out. But everyday, "God gives you grace and you can't earn it. Don't think that you're not worth it."

1 comment:

loveitmom said...

HE Giveth More Grace, He Giveth more Grace.
Down through the years, though there were tears, HE was building your faith.
HE Giveth More grace, HE Giveth More Grace
Mercy abounds, when HE reaches down,
And HE Giveth More Grace!
:-)

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...