Thursday, October 13, 2011

Turn That Frown Upside Down

 Its been another one of those days (weeks). You know the kind - nothing quite goes right, school has been less than perfect, no one is listening & no one seems to care. We have had way too many of them lately & I must admit, its very hard for me to "be the adult" when I just want to kick, scream, & throw things. While I'm in the middle of my pity party (I was on the up side, I promise! - Nothing like listening to the Moore Family to brighten my spirits - after all she has 7 homeschooled kids & hasn't went insane yet.), Logan woke from his nap & started to cry. He knows that someone will come get him. He doesn't doubt for a minute that he has been abandoned. He knows he is loved!

Thank You Lord, yet again, for the simple reminder that You care for me more than I could ever care for my kids! Why can't I have the unwavering faith to know You will come to my rescue, just as I did for Logan? Why can't I remember that while I'm telling my kids to do something for the 10th time today, You have been asking me to do something over & over again? Why can't I be as tender hearted when they mess up or disobey? You don't get angry everytime I let You down.

This is one of the hardest lessons for me to understand. God has been more than gracious & patient while trying to teach me.

Psalm 61
1. Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee,
when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.



No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...