Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Do you KNOW?

The story of the wheat & the tares in Matthew 13:24-30 is just one example of where Bible warns us about false Christians.
"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest
I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares,
and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."


Its a scary thought that maybe some people who we think are "good Christian people" may not be truly a Christian. Its even scarier to think that the devil does that great of a job deceiving people.

I have always struggled with my salvation. I know that I know that I'm going to Heaven to see my Lord & Savior one day but there are times where I start to wonder. These are dry times in my life, times when I've gotten slack in my relationship with God, times where I have taken His blessings & His presence for granted. We've all been there - things are good, the finances are in order, everyone is healthy. Or maybe we are super busy, running here & there, finishing this project or that chore & we don't even have time to study our Bible & we think a quick "Thank you Lord" is sufficient. Before long, we start to feel empty, like something is missing. Not some thing, someone! Its during those times, where doubt starts to creep in!

Salvation is a FREE gift! It is so simple that we try to complicate it. Its hard to accept that someone would die for me. Its hard to understand that all I have to do is trust & believe & I can live forever.

IT REALLY IS THAT EASY! But, you have to know that you know that you know! Don't "think so", don't "hope so", don't "wish so". KNOW SO!!!

Salvation isn't based on feelings, but it sure does feel good to be saved!


God hasn't left us. He's still right there & He's waiting on us to come back to Him.

One of my favorite songs right now talks about coming back to God http://youtu.be/dCN0hnogqj8
Isn't it time you came home?

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...