Saturday, April 28, 2012

What's it Worth?

I HATE politics! Can I make that any more clear?

Now, I know there are a few good men & women that are in the political field, but for the most part, I believe they are natural born LIARS instead of natural born leaders. Most politicians will tell whatever half truth that benefits them the most to whoever they are talking to at the time.

It no longer matters what is right or what is wrong. It's ALL about the most votes.

With that being said I am NOT thrilled with all the extra stuff surrounding the rewording of Amendment One.

Yes, I completely believe that marriage is a holy union ordained by God. Yes, I completely believe that marriage should only be between one man & one woman.

What does marriage have to do with children's insurance or with single parent's custody issues or with the fact that violence is a crime whether you are married to the offender or not? Why has it even been insinuated that these issues could be in jeopardy?

This completely infuriates me & breaks my heart at the same time. We have children that MIGHT suffer from this because the government wanted to complicate yet another issue.

I have friends & family members who are openly homosexual. I know children that I love with all my heart that are being raised by homosexual couples. I have dear friends that are living together, friends that are divorced, friends that are single parents, and friends that have children born out of wedlock.

Does it mean that I like the situation or have to approve of their actions? No, but I do NOT sit in judgement on any of them. God is the ONLY one holy enough to judge. We are ALL sinners! I have just been saved by grace and am forgiven of my sins! Does that mean that I don't ever commit a sin? NO, I sin daily. I sinned first thing this morning by choosing to give in to my flesh and sleep late instead of meeting with God early to start my day with prayer and studying His word. Did He forgive me? Of course He did, because He loves me!
 
As much as I hate this, I can only answer for me & my house! I can't be held responsible for the government & their wicked conniving ways, for my friends, family, or my neighbors.

Since I am held accountable for my actions & for the things that go on in my house, I CANNOT vote for ANYTHING that I KNOW is an abomination in God's eyes. So it is with a heavy heart but a clear conscious that I will most assuredly vote FOR the passing of Amendment One.

Because I KNOW that God has NEVER forsaken His people or let the wicked prevail, I KNOW that the God I serve will take care of everything else trying to hinder what is right. The best I can do now is pray for our leaders, our nation, & those who are lost.

2 Chronicles 7:14

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

If you feel the need to comment on this post, PLEASE be respectful. This is my blog, these are my ideas, beliefs, & opinions. I won't ever (intentionally) bash you for what you believe, so please have the same respect for me. I love you all! 

1 comment:

loveitmom said...

Well said. Love you girlie, keep pressing forward!

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...