Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thank You for Giving to the Lord

My heart is heavy, my mind is full, & my eyes are swollen.

As I sit staring out at this Super Moon, I can't help but think about how awesome our God is, how perfect His will is, how much He loves us, & how I don't understand any of!

I have an urgent prayer request. The man that has been my pastor the majority of my life is facing a 5 way bypass on Monday morning. The majority of his arteries are at least 90% blocked. The electrical system in his heart is not working properly. The Drs must take his heart out of his body in order to repair it.

I know that drs are very smart people & they can do amazing things, but without God intervening, drs are useless. And the best drs know this.

Fellman Cheek is the ONLY man I have ever met who could whip you from the pulpit just like he knew exactly every sin you had ever commuted & then tell you he loved you & YOU KNEW IT! He is the most Godly man I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

He has had a long life. I know he isn't perfect, but I believe that he has lived his life as best he could serving God. I believe that God will welcome him into His arms & say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant". I believe that he will have numerous crowns to lay at Jesus' feet. I believe that many people will come to him signing "Thank you for giving to the Lord".

I can't help but be a little jealous of Fellman, knowing that if something goes wrong according to man's plan, God's plan will be fulfilled & he will be shouting in Heaven. But I am also very selfish. I'M NOT READY for him to leave this world. I'M NOT READY for him to no longer be my pastor. I'M NOT READY for another saint to gain their wings.

Who will help us teach our children? Who will minister to me? Who will be bold enough to stand up to a lost & dying world? Who will have compassion enough to tell them about the Lord?

4 comments:

Maria said...

Praying for him Tracie!

Laura Blackburn said...

Now you made me cry! Love you Tracie and praying for your sweet heart!

Praying for Fellman and his family too!

loveitmom said...

Praying for GOD's guiding hand. I feel too Tracie, Pastor Fellman is still needed here. I'm so blessed to still be able to call him my Pastor Emeritus. I'm joining you in my petition to GOD to sustain his life and give us more time to learn from him. May GOD hear the cries of our hearts!

2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

loveitmom said...

I agree with you in prayer Tracie. I am asking GOD to restore his health; we need him still. I'm so thankful to still be able to call him my Pastor Emeritus. What a wonderful Pastor he is! I pray that GOD will hear the cries of HIS people!

2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...