Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Austin

Saturday April 13, 2002 at 7:24pm, my life changed dramatically! Austin Dale Bauguess came screaming into the world. He was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. I cried with relief, nervousness, & terror as I laughed with joy, wonder, & amazement at this tiny little baby on my chest.

I was clueless!
I thought I would have it all together. I thought I would be the perfect mom. I thought I would know what to do in any situation. Man, was I wrong!!

It didn't take me long to figure this out either. But somehow, I have managed to keep him relatively safe for 10 years..... Yes, I just said 10 years!

When did that happen? I feel almost like Rip Van Winkle. It seems that these years have passed by without me realizing it.

My chubby little buddy who would scream if we quit feeding him & loved to ride 4 wheelers & go fishing is now my very handsome, almost too skinny young man who barely takes enough time to eat & still loves to ride 4 wheelers & dirt bikes & go fishing. In fact, Austin spent the biggest part of his birthday fishing with his daddy.

I am proud of the person he is growing up to be (please remind me of that when we are having "one of those days")! He loves to tinker around & build things. He has a huge imagination. He is passionate about his chickens & is a great help around the farm! He still loves serving God.

Some memories I cherish, some things I wish I had done differently, some days I would like to relive, but all in all, its been a good 10 years!

Now if I can just figure out how to slow down the next 10 years!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...