Monday, June 11, 2012

When Did He Grow Up?

I find myself looking at my kids all the time & thinking about how fast they are growing. It seems like only yesterday that they were all babies (well, ok, Logan is still a baby).

I worry over their health, their safety, their future, their happiness. I worry over whether we are doing a good enough job in raising them.

Austin has proven to me time & time again recently what a smart, well rounded young man he is becoming.

He has made several difficult decisions in the past week. Choices that I am PROUD of him for making!

First, he chose to step away from something he enjoyed doing because it would compromise worshipping God. He also realized that the leader of this activity had let him down. Austin was heartbroken at this man for going against his word, for treating certain kids better than others, & for allowing winning to cloud his judgement.

Secondly, Austin chose to step back into this activity after seeing a few wrongs righted. This choice amazed me because in order to go back into this, he had to decide to leave our vacation early & he had to deny himself another activity that he LOVES.

Then, on top of everything else, when things got ugly & I mean really ugly, Austin stayed true to who he is! He supported those other kids. He helped out in every way he could. He didn't complain. He didn't get angry. He walked away with his head held high & love still in his heart!

I have so much to learn from him.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...