Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Who Needs Normal

If the past few days are any indication of how this summer is going to go, I think I will crawl back in bed now & refuse to come out until August.

Really, how can two seemingly normal, sometimes loving, & relatively smart kids fight & complain so much? Because they are NORMAL! That doesn't mean I have to like it, or allow it to continue in the immense proportion that it has been happening.

My kids aren't perfect, nor do I expect perfection. What I do expect is respect, tolerance, & kindness to each other & to others as well. I also expect for them to act somewhat civilized while in public. That's not too much to ask, is it? Somedays, obviously it is!


Just as Satan started to drag me down that road of failure, I was IMMEDIATELY reminded that I haven't failed these children. The bickering is their sin nature. There isn't much I can do to stop it. BUT (don't you just love "but"s when God is involved) I can choose to use the situation as a teaching tool.

Conflict is going to arise, disobedience is going to happen, & mean words are going to be said. Its life. We are human. And we all fall short because Adam & Eve sinned. The only thing we can do is look to God, ask forgiveness, & try better next time.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...