Friday, February 1, 2013

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing ~ Blue, Grey, & BLACK

It feels like a black cloud has been hanging around this week. I didn't realize it to begin with, but by the middle of the week, it had reared its ugly head.

School has been nothing extraordinary this week. We added, subtracted, multiplied, divided, & counted. We have wrote, read, poked, prodded, & played. We drifted past World War I, swung into the roaring 20's, discovered the Harlem Renaissance & jazz. We fed the animals while it was 70 degrees & we fed the animals when it felt like 15 degrees.

We did make it to see a play about the Civil War. Reliving the Emancipation Proclamation & Johnny Marching Home along with finishing Ruthie's Gift were the highlights of the week.

Like I said, nothing extraordinary. Just another day in another week in this crazy thing I call life. I was counting down the days & looking forward to the weekend.

THEN.....that cloud broke loose.

Logan got sick & I mean S I C K. We still don't know what is wrong, but for 3 days now he has had a fever, a snotty, stuffy nose, & he has refused to get out of my lap. Its a little hard to get much done with a toddler in your lap.

So there went my plans for the weekend.

Just what does the weekend have to do with a homeschool post you might ask?

Well, I was planning on attending a Homeschool Mom's Retreat with many Christian ladies & friends. I have been anxiously awaiting this weekend ever since it was mentioned a few months ago. Not only did I need the extra encouragement, the reassurance, & the knowledge that I am not alone, but I could really use some plain old silly girly fun.

So, unfortunately, I missed out on the retreat and I still have a sick baby on my hands but such is life. This is the life I have been granted & I wouldn't change it if I could.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am so sorry you have to miss the retreat and have a sick little one. I know how hard it is to look forward to something and have it fall through at the last minute like that.

Becca said...

I am so sorry you can't go to the retreat and have a sick little one. I know what it's like to look so forward to something that must get canceled.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...