Monday, December 5, 2011

Son of a Preacher Man

Do you know why preacher's kids have a bad reputation & get into so much trouble......Its because everyone is watching them closer than most other kids! I'm convinced of this. Kids are kids & will be mischievous & get into whatever they can in order to have fun.
So when you see my kids misbehaving, remember yours are doing it too!

Anyway, Austin was grinning like a possum during church. Well, ok after the choir came down & everyone was shaking hands & talking. He came back to where I was & the conversation went a little like this:

Austin said "Guess what? I asked _______ out."
I said "Really, where are you going?" hahahaha
He laughed & said "No, to be my girlfriend."
"Well, what did she say?"
"She said yes!"
"Austin, she's too old for you!"  (She's 11)
"So."

He then BEGGED to sit with his nanny (& of course this girl). Well, ok, I guess.

As soon as church was over, Austin darted out the door. GRRR - How many times have I told those kids to stay inside?! They tend to disappear......

By the time I finally got outside, he comes walking no, sauntering up to me & announced
"I kissed _______!"
"Austin! You're at church!"
"But mom, it wasn't inside."

OH, the logic there! HMMMMMMM- I wonder if this girl knows what she's in for??!!

I have always loved this song. They just don't make music like this anymore!



No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...