Saturday, December 17, 2011

This Little Piggie

Growing up within city limits, I never had the privilege/fun/hard work of farm life. I was, more or less, a little bit spoiled & a girly-girl so I've had to learn A LOT since moving out & getting married. It seems I learn more & more all the time. That's a good thing & I am not the least bit ashamed to admit that I certainly do NOT know it all (contrary to popular belief).

During the 12 years that I have been married, we have had all sorts of critters. Our latest addition......pigs!

Yep, cute furry little oinkers. We are the proud parents of 3 red headed step children ~ bacon, sausage, & ham! I just hope that we aren't too attached when gulp that time comes.

This isn't the first time we have had pigs, but this time, we are going to "raise" them. YEAH, I'm excited!
Now to decide who gets the honor of not being on our plate.....

Bacon, Charlotte, & Red


2 comments:

loveitmom said...

I almost thought their names were really Bacon, Ham and Sausage! I liked that! I bet by the time they are not as cute, and when they smell lots more, you will then not care as much about eating the products they supply! LOL!

Angela Brown said...

I also thought their names were bacon, sausage, and ham. I was thinking boy they sure are smart. Now when the smell becomes really "ripe" and your blog states - I wish they were gone. Remember bacon, sausage, and ham.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...