Sunday, September 2, 2012

Revive Your Marriage - When All Else Fails, Pray

I must admit that I take my marriage for granted. I'm sure that I'm not the only one either.

I know that Justin loves me with all his heart & I know that I love him with all my heart, but do I tell him enough? Do I show him enough?

When I saw this blog series, I KNEW it was something that I needed! I need help bringing back the spark in my marriage. I need help remembering all the things I love about him. I need to be reminded why I was so crazy about him all those years ago.

I am going to make a more conscious effort to pray for Justin this week. I want to put his needs in front of mine for a little while.

I know that we live crazy busy lives & I have so many things going through my head at any given moment. But Justin has a lot on his mind as well. He has a family to provide for financially, physically, emotionally, & spiritually. He has a congregation to lead & encourage. He has a career to continue, classes to attend, & boys to coach. He also has an example to set.

Won't you join me in praying this week? Pray for me as I pray for my husband. Most importantly, pray for your husband & your marriage as well.

Its sad that as I was looking for a photo to share on this post, this was one of the few I found. Don't get me wrong, I love this picture, BUT it was taken 2 years ago. Maybe (hopefully) I will have a few more before this month is up! ;)

James 5:16 "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to meet you. I was touched by your writing and will be praying alongside in this week's challenge.

Mrs. B. @ One Autumn Day said...

I am doing the series too, it's perfect timing for our marriage.

Best of Luck to you as you participate!

Blessings,

Mrs. Cari B.

Unknown said...

I'm doing the series too. It was nice to meet you and can't wait to see what happens next week!

Candice@www.lillythroughthevalley.blogspot.ca

Dee Dee Whisnant said...

I know what you mean Tracie...I feel the same way about my husband..we will pray for you both this week and pray for me and my husband as well..we love you and your family!!

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...