Friday, July 27, 2012

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly - Part 1

A dear friend of mine recently posted on Facebook many of the things that annoy her. I got a kick out of it & it got me to thinking..... So here goes.....

We all have pet peeves. You know, the things that get under your skin & find it hard to ignore. So here are a few of mine, in no certain order.

Liars - I cannot not stand to be lied to. If you are doing something that you feel the need to lie about - I have a suggestion - STOP DOING IT! If you don't want to tell me that you are doing it, then tell me to mind my own business. Its no big deal. I have bluntly put my nose where it doesn't belong in the past & I am sure I will do it again. Just tell me the truth.

Cheaters - This falls right in line with #1. If you have to cheat to win, then you don't deserve to win. I have been known to call people out for cheating during a card game. Just play fair.

Back Stabbers - Do not pretend to like me only to turn around & talk bad about me to someone else. I promise that your opinion of me will not make me or break me. If I say something about you to one of my friends, rest assured that I would also say it to your face.

People that think they are better than others. - Just because you have a huge house, a nice car, a prestigious job, & loads of money does NOT make you better than me or anyone else! We all put our jeans on one leg at a time, we all breathe the same air, & we will all die the same way we were born. I don't care what you have managed to accomplish in life, you can't take it with you. And guess what - your mansion in Heaven will not be much different than mine.

Soured Towels - Oh that smell sticks to the inside of your nose & takes forever to get rid of.

Anything in My Bed - My husband calls me the Princess & the Pea because if there is one single crumb or piece of dirt on my side of the bed, I will find it. It drives me crazy!

War - I hate fighting. No, I don't live in a world where I believe everyone can always get along, but seriously, why can't adults act like adults. Is it really necessary to blow up innocent people just because you don't agree with them.

Bullies - This goes along with #4 & #7. Just because you're bigger, doesn't make you better. Get over yourself.

Abuse - see above ^^^ Anyone that abuses a child, an animal, or another human weaker than them should be hung up by their toenails & beaten (& that's the nice punishment)

Today's Fashion - I really don't know which is worse - guys wearing clothes 3x too big & seeing their underwear or guys in skinny jeans. Both examples make you look horrible. And WHY must we try to dress our girls like they are working the street corner?

Hypocrites - I cannot understand why people choose not to take a stand for things. Yes, I would prefer that
people choose to stand for what's morally right & stand against what is morally wrong, but it doesn't work that way. No matter what you believe in - know why you believe it & stand behind it with all of your heart. Quit skirting the issues just to please someone else.

Christians that Don't Act Like Christians - see above ^^^

Rude People - Just be nice. Simple enough.

Disrespectful Children - I do not tolerate it in my own children & neither should you. The last time I checked, we are the adults & the ones in charge, not the adolescent who is having a bad day. Does that mean that my kids are never disrespectful? Nope, but they find out really quick what happens when they are.

Cleaning & Re-Cleaning - I just cleaned that, do you think you can clean up the mess you turned right around & made?

Stupid Comedy - Stupid comedy usually consists of anything with Jim Carrey, Chris Farley, or Adam Sandler. I like comedy, but it needs a plot.

Politics - I don't really like politicians in general. Lying & self serving seem to be part of the job description.

Procrastination - WHY do I put everything off to the last minute & then complain because I am stressed about getting it done on time? You would think I would learn...

Judgemental People - Everyone is entitled to their own opinions & their own life style. That doesn't by any degree mean that I agree with you or what you are doing. I can tell you out of love whether it is wrong & what Gods says about it. I can offer my advice & prayers. God is the only judge. It would benefit us all to remember that!

Being Taken Advantage Of - I try to be a very trusting person. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Do not let one of my good qualities turn into something ugly.

Dirty Floors - Have you ever been to my house? Yes, I have dirty floors and it drives me nuts! I could sweep & mop daily & still find dirt.

Sitting down only to realize that someone else has used all the toilet paper. And please put the new roll on correctly. No one wants to have to reach under the roll to grab it.

Misplacing Things - Keys, important papers, papis - you name it & I loose it.

Well, there you have it. An insiders view that what really aggravates me. I'm sure there are plenty more, but my brain is tired. Now that you know, make sure you don't do any of them! LOL

Stay tuned tomorrow & I'll let you know what really makes me smile! :)

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...