Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Time & the Living's Easy

Hello Blogger World! Have you missed me?!?!

I'm sorry. I haven't felt very "noteworthy" lately. I still don't, but let me just recap the insanity.

June was CRAZY BUSY! Youth Tent Revival, Logan's Birthday Party, Vacation Bible School, baseball, camping, gardening, cook outs, tutu dresses, & Play Station parties are just some of the things that went on in those 30 days that FLEW by! Even through the overwhelming fun, not to mention the HEAT, I blinked & it was gone.

Speaking of the heat - wow, just WOW. Just in case you have been hiding under a rock somewhere obviously far far away from the record breaking heat, here is a video reminding you. (Disclaimer: I have no idea what else this website offers. I did not research it. I just thought the video was neat) So needless to say, triple digits has limited our trips to the pool. Hmm- sounds contradictory, huh? Yeah well, I like to BREATHE when I step outside.

We have also dealt with sickness upon sickness. Repeated ear infections, Roseola, chronic coughing, & colds - ugh, really, its not time for that!

I had really BIG intentions & hopes for this summer as far as how much we would get done with school ........ YEAH RIGHT! If we have even read a book together as a family, we have done good! I'm ashamed to admit that! Every bit of my desire & motivation disappeared. Oh well, that's the beauty of homeschool, right? (I hope)

On the other hand, I have been completely immersed in reading for the past month or so. I LOVE to read & I have always been able to lose myself in a good book. Unfortunately, I don't have the free time to indulge in this passion as often as I want to. I have taken advantage of the little extra free time & the more relaxed scheduling that comes with summer. There have even been a few times that I have had to DRAG myself away from a book in order to accomplish anything!

So here's to summer. May you enjoy those special indulgences that we too often forget about - catching fireflies, watching the first stars twinkle to life, hearing a child's delight at running through the sprinklers, the sweet satisfaction of "ping" when that jar seals, & sipping lemonade on the front porch with friends. Before you know it, the easy pace is gone & the race is back on.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...