Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just How Wide is that Gate?

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." (Matthew 7:13)

I have encountered many people in my lifetime who would do absolutely anything to help someone out. They were some of the nicest people you could ever meet. Their biggest problem ...... they were lost & had no desire to be saved!

Most of these people have had a "bad experience" with church & church members. The logic in their minds, "well if so-&-so is going to Heaven, then so am I". What has led so many of these people to think this way? WE HAVE! Far too many church members try to live like the world during the week & act all holy on Sunday (or whatever day they attend church).

The world likes to pick people apart, especially Christians. If we make a mistake, I can assure you that someone has witnessed it & will not forget it any time soon.

Christians - I urge you to PLEASE think about the way you are acting! PLEASE think about what you are saying! PLEASE think about who you are affecting!

I completely believe that every single decision or action that we make affects not only us, but also other people. I don't want to do or say anything that would hinder someone from coming to know Jesus! I don't want any one's blood dripping from my hands when I stand before my Savior! I want Him to be able to tell me "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." (Matthew 25:21)





No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...