Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing ~ The Camel's Back is Officially Broke

Today was probably the hardest day I have experienced in 2 years. The day in itself didn't seem that bad at first. Maybe it was all the pressure, stress, junk building up & it finally became unbearable.

After making Austin rewrite a paper AGAIN & after trying to get Makenzie to read the same words we have been working on for WEEKS, I walked into the bedroom with Logan, sat down in the floor & with a broken heart & tear filled eyes told Justin I was done. They were going back to public school on Monday. I had tried everything I knew to do. I had begged, pleaded, threatened, been strict, been easy going, punished, rewarded, repeated, repeated, repeated & it wasn't working. I didn't know what to do anymore.

He just looked at me & asked what I expected of him. He usually just says "whatever you need to do". I told him that I needed him to take a stand & stick to it. So........

He actually asked the kids if they wanted to go back to school. Makenzie said no very quickly. The answer had to be drug out of Austin. He said no, but I'm not sure he meant it. If he would have said yes, I would have cried all the way down to the local school! But I would have done it, that's how far I had been pushed/stretched.

So since we were all in agreement, the law was laid down! Punishments were handed out. Expectations were explained. And the bar was raised! This conversation took 3 hours!!!

I am emotionally exhausted! Please pray for us! I want to be in God's will & I know that the devil does not want me teaching my children! This is a hard battle, but I believe it is worth it! I know that one day down the road, I will not regret the decision to teach my kids, but its hard to hold onto that right now.

2 comments:

Tammy Love said...

I'm so glad Justin backed you up like that. Hopefully things will begin to turn around. I know it has to be very frustrating; but, if anyone can do it YOU CAN!!!

Hang in there. You have my prayers!

Tammy Love said...

I'm so glad Justin backed you up like that. Hopefully things will begin to turn around. I know it has to be very frustrating; but, if anyone can do it YOU CAN!!!

Hang in there. You have my prayers!

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...