Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year = New Beginning

As 2011 drew to a close, I found myself reminiscing on all the adventure & sometimes, lack there of, from this past year. It was an amazing but stressful year. Austin passed his 1st state tests as a homeschooler with FLYING colors. Makenzie graduated PreK. Logan was born & has experienced lots of firsts & milestones. I survived shuttling 2 kids between 2 different sports teams during 2 different seasons. We muddled through our first attempt at teaching 2 different school levels. We've seen new babies born, and we've had old friends take their last breath. We've laughed, we've cried, we've seen times of prosper & times of famine. We've experienced God's mercy & grace first hand on a daily basis. We are blessed far beyond what we deserve!

I read back over my post from last year & I have accomplished some things that I set out to.  I still need to work on some things & I want to make 2012 even better. When you want something, you just keep on keeping on until you get it!

I want a healthier me! Physically, mentally, spiritually. Yes, I need to lose weight & get in better shape, but more importantly I need to make life changes. I need to eat better. I need to drink more water. I need to get more exercise. I need to relax more. I need to not take things so seriously. I need to enjoy life more. I need to play more. I need to pray more. I need to read study my Bible more. I need to take a few minutes just for me from time to time. I need to SLOW DOWN!

I want a happier family! There has been entirely too much tension within my home lately. I miss the hugs, kisses, tickles, & giggles. I miss snuggling on the couch. I miss reading as a family for fun. I miss days at the park. I miss sit down meals. I miss actual conversation.
  
I also realized something when I went out with a close friend the other night. Sometimes, even when there are other things that need to be done, even when there are better ways to spend the few extra dollars I have, even when I shouldn't be eating pasta & drinking Mr. Pibb (they didn't have Mt. Dew!), I NEED to splurge, I NEED let go, have fun, & be a silly girl! After all, life is too short to wear sensible shoes!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...