Friday, August 19, 2011

The Worst/Best Dr. Visit Ever

We started reading The Best School Year Ever last week. I thought this would be a fun way to break back into school mode! I had forgotten just how fun it was to read about these crazy kids. Austin & Makenzie are enjoying it & are having a hard time realizing that there really are kids in this world as rough as the Herdmans. For that matter, I have a hard time remembering that there are kids out there like the Herdmans. Then, I'm drawn back to reality...

I took Logan to the Dr's office today for his 2 month check up. It was PACKED!!! I've never seen it so busy there. There were kids
e v e r y w h e r e! Some well behaved, quiet kids & some kids that just make you cringe. Some well behaved, polite parents & some parents that should have their parenting license revoked.

One little boy ran through the waiting room & tackled Austin. Or at least tried to! Austin just grunted & looked down at him. This little boy couldn't have been more than 6 years old. (If he would have been bigger, I would have said something.) The mom was nearby & didn't say one word.

I saw a little girl wearing a simple cotton dress & dirty play shoes spinning dizzily in front of the reception desk. Next she decided to run in circles around a pole.

I could hear almost constant squeals of laughter (or torment - I'm not really sure) coming from another room followed by an angry impatient woman's voice. Then, out of this same room, a child would come streaking out of the door, only to return just as quickly.

Where in the world were all the moms (excuse me, parents - just so I can be PC) & how on earth did all these unruly children get scheduled for the same day?

Ding! Epiphany! Way to go Sherlock!

All of these kids were in the same family & the mother didn't seem too happy with the card she had been given.

As this family was leaving, the frazzled mom & all 6 of her stair stepped children, I heard a tired voice call out: "Is that all of them? Are there anymore left?"

I couldn't help but sympathize with the children of Woodrow Wilson Elementary School.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It wasn't me, was it?? I only have five, but they *seem* like 500.

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...