Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Just Another Job?

As I was getting breakfast at a local drive thru this morning, I couldn't help but notice a young man who worked there. He stood with his back to me most of the time but it was still obvious that he had no desire to be there this morning or even possibly ever. He leaned his head against the window frame appearing to be exhausted, he twirled drink trays as if he was bored to tears, and as he shoved my food out the window,which turned my pancakes upside down, he mumbled "have a nice day".

I immediately thought that he must hate his job and pondered over why people choose to continue on in something when they are obviously miserable. (I know sometimes there isn't another choice.) We have all been there - stuck doing something that we don't want to do. Or maybe performing a job where we don't get the credit we think we deserve.

God showed me right then that I have been behaving the same way with my job. Only my job isn't only a job, it is my passion, it is my life. Motherhood is my career, it is my calling, it is my ministry.

Far too often, I have treated it as merely a job. Something to bear through another day. Finding any way to survive with my sanity somewhat in tact.

Its time I we all start embracing our own callings with open arms - that's the best position to be in for lots of hugs!

1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."




No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...