Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Isn't Always Merry

For the 2nd morning in a row, I have woke up around 4am. Yesterday, I tried my best to ignore it. I laid in the bed tossing & turning. I even managed to doze off a few times. But I sure was in a bad mood when I finally got up. I don't take kindly to lack of sleep.

Then again this morning. I laid in bed for a little while, but this time, my mind was running wide open. All of a sudden, I had 2 or 3 people that I just could not get out of my head. God was wanting my attention & my prayers.

I planned on getting up early anyway so I could be ready for Christmas before the kids woke up. I just hadn't planned on that early.

While I was praying for these people, more & more names & faces came to mind. An overwhelming sadness drifted across my heart at the empty places that will be in homes this morning - children, parents, brother, sisters, grandparents, friends. No doubt far too many of those missing loved ones have presents wrapped under a tree.

Each & every one of us have experienced grief in our lives & no doubt will suffer through more before our time on earth is over.

While you take extra time to embrace your kids, spouses, & loved ones, please continue to pray for those staring at empty places. Those holes left in our hearts have a hard time being repaired.

God bless you & yours on this blessed Christmas morning!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...