Friday, August 10, 2012

Be Still My Bleeding Heart

Pardon me. This is not going to be my usual uplifting inspirational post.

I am usually a generous person. I am usually open minded. I am usually a glass half full kind of girl. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I have the word "SUCKER" tattooed on my forehead.

Well, I think that may need to change. I feel the sudden urge to become cynical, to doubt everyone, & to question every motive. Hey, you know that whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Yeah, well, no more. Now it shall be guilty. Yep, just guilty.

If it looks like a duck........

Wait who am I kidding?

I have always worn my heart on my sleeve. I have always felt the sympathy in most situations.

Regardless, I HATE to be taken advantage of.

Here lately, there has been one person in particular who I have felt has certainly taken advantage of my good nature. This person has one sob story after another. I don't know if the stories I am hearing are worth more than the breath it takes to tell them.

I know we all fall on hard times, but come on. Can anyone's luck (fate) be THAT bad?

Unless your name happens to be Job, you just might be exaggerating a wee bit.

Hey, did you ever think that maybe God is trying to get your attention?

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...