Thursday, August 30, 2012

How Do You Use your Training Manual

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Do you realize just how much promise is in this one verse? There are so many verses in the Bible that I LOVE. This is one of them. I love being reminded of God's promises, of the fact that He loves & cares for us, of knowing that there is more than the here & now.

After working on my training manual all summer (obviously I didn't work too hard or it wouldn't have taken me that long), I am finally done.

Some friends & I got together & decided to make our own Child Training Bible. We wanted to start  actively seeking God's face in what His Word said about certain behaviors. We all want good moral children, but do we know how to help them become that way? We can tell our kids all day long how they should act, but until we show them God's Word & He speaks to their hearts, they will continue to act in their old sinful nature. 

So to make that "job" a little easier, God impressed the idea of a "Child Training Bible" onto a lady by the name of Mindy's heart. There are 20 negative character traits addressed in the CTB that we all need to work on. Everything from anger to laziness, disobedience to wrong friendships, and then a section of Gospel as well. Thank you Mindy for minding the Lord! 

To make your CTB, all you need are a Bible of your choice (you KNOW that I am KJV, but any Bible will work), the character traits, lists of verses, colored sticky notes, & colored pens, pencils, or crayons (I personally like the Twistables Colored Pencils).

We haven't started using our CTB yet, but the kids have seen me working on it & are very interested in it. Makenzie has even asked me a few times when I was going to "train" them.

I can't wait to see how this helps our daily struggles.
Maybe you should start one too!

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...