Friday, August 24, 2012

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing ~ The End of Week 1

Well, we did it. Somehow, someway - we have managed to make it through our 1st week of our 3rd year of homeschooling. And everyone is relatively ok, undamaged, & somewhat sane.

The week started out good. Most of the week went surprisingly well. We have been finished by lunchtime everyday except today, but we haven't set our schedule yet & we haven't added Latin.

Today, the dreaded monster reared its ugly head. I'm sure you are familiar with this monster. It speaks in a strange language that constantly says "But...", "Why...", "Ugh...", & "Wait a minute...". It moves about by shrugging its shoulders, rolling its eyes, whining, & huffing...a lot.

I'm talking about the attitude monster. Oh, how I loath this creature. When it appears, I turn into a monster myself. To say that we don't get along would be an understatement.

Please explain to me when the "teenage attitude" trickled down to preteens. Seriously, he's 10! Why does he act like he has a chip on his shoulder part of the time?!

Oh, Heaven help me for the true teenage years.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...