Friday, January 25, 2013

Be My Valentine ~ I Will Praise You in this Storm




Are you joining us for the Be My Valentine Challenge?

I must admit that I am not a mushy person by nature. I don't get upset when my husband doesn't buy me a birthday present. I don't expect roses on our anniversary. I don't even like Hallmark cards.

To me, Valentine's Day is just another day. I don't need a man made holiday to remind people to tell someone you love them. I believe you should tell them all the time. I believe that you should go out of your way to make everyday special.
But, I do believe that marriage is important. I do believe that a husband & a wife should do everything they can do to make their spouse feel special & loved. I do believe that we should go out of our way to not neglect those we love.

As I was thinking about this marriage challenge & how I could praise my husband, I couldn't get Praise You in this Storm out of my head. I love this song by Casting Crowns. I love the images it invokes of God reaching down when we need him the most.
It seems that when I am at my lowest, my husband is there to pick me up. He encourages me, reminds me why I started this journey in the first place, & prays for me.

Justin is my best friend, my cheer leader, my confidante. He is my reality when things get crazy, my comic relief when things get serious, & my rock when I start slipping. He's my shoulder to cry on, my ear to talk off, & my heart to have faith in.

Justin works hard to make our dreams come to life. He's there, not only for my family, but for our friends, our church, and anyone else who might ask him to be.

I love him more & more everyday!

I couldn't ask for more!





No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...