Sunday, January 27, 2013

Would You Do It All Again

How many times have you said the words, "Can I get a redo"?

How many times have you looked back on some thing crazy that you did or said only to wish that you hadn't?

How many times have you wished you could go back & change history?

I don't know about you, but I've said those words or thought that thought many times.

We watched the movie Touchback this weekend. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! Football plus family plus community plus second chances makes for an awesome movie!

I was able to use this as a springboard for how one decision can alter your whole life. Don't you just love those unexpected teachable moments?!

Anyway, there are plenty of things that I would love to change about my past. Maybe, I would have said "No" instead of "Yes". Maybe, I would have went right instead of left. Maybe I would have woke up early instead of staying out late. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Who knows?

The only problem with those ideas is that the outcome would be different.

Yes, there are still plenty of things I would rather do different. But would it be worth the cost? Would it be worth the different outcome? Would it make me a different person?

So, even though I made mistakes & even though I can't get a do over, I'm not 100 percent positive that I would do it different if I could.....

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...