Friday, January 11, 2013

Tales of a Homeschool Nothing ~ And We Resume

It feels like forever since we have actually done "structured school". And I do mean F O R E V E R! We always take off most of the month of December, but we had so many interruptions & insanity going on before Thanksgiving that it was difficult to get in a few good days of school, let alone a full week.

Let me just say that I wasn't exactly thrilled about starting back.

I know my kids! Austin, especially, likes to push my buttons & will buck until its all I can do to hold onto my control. I was fully expecting this first week back to be miserable.

This is one of the few times that I have been happy to be wrong!

Yes, Monday was a little sketchy, but hey, its been awhile. The rest of the week, while it hasn't been perfect, it has been pleasant. And - get this - we actually accomplished EVERYTHING we were supposed to!

WHOOP WHOOP

In a nutshell, this week we have learned about craters & made a model of Mercury, we have set sail on the unsinkable ship, studied cause & effect, made groups of 10, reviewed Latin, read about Louis' struggles with being dumb & his adventures at camp, created melted pieces of art, had several dance offs, & plenty of other stuff.

WOW - we you write it all down, it looks like we really did have a good week.

No comments:

Dear Class of 2021

You started your senior year like every one of us, holding your breathe. You didn't know what would happen, what would come next. You di...